You Can't Fight AloneDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | May 16, 1976
Selected highlights from this sermon
We can’t always see the battle going on in other people’s lives. Jesus established the fellowship of believers because we need each other, so we must help each other in the battle against Satan. When we help one another, they get the strength to fight the battle and so do we.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fightinga battle” (Dr. John Watson).
We can’t always see the battlegoing on inside other people’s lives.
Christians are togetherin the battle against Satan.
Paul tells us how we can help each other win the battle.
Four ways we can help others have victory:
- We help each other by prayingfor one another (Ephesians 6:18-20).
- It’s a sign of strengthwhen you know you need the prayers of other people.
- Be specific in your prayers for other people.
- Pray for believers to have victory in their warfareand an opportunity to witness.
- We can help believers put on the armorof God by praying for them.
- We help each other by communicatingwith one another (Ephesians 6:21-22).
- When there is a war going on, the first thing the enemy does is wipe out communication.
- The better we get to know each other, the fewer unspoken requests there will be.
- Lack of communication is a sign something is wrong.
- We help each other by servingone another (Ephesians 6:21).
- Tychicus was willing to give up his own liberty to serve Paul and thus serve the Lord.
- Behind the great men and women who are known in Christian history, there are men unknown people.
- We are called to ministerto one another however God callsus, even if that means just being present.
- We help each other by encouragingone another (Ephesians 6:22).
- Finding what is goodand using that to encourage others will take care of what is bad.
- Don’t add to other people’s problems, bring peaceinto other’s lives.
- Encourage one another with peace, love, faith, and grace.
Are we helping each other win the battle?
Jesus established the fellowshipof believers because we need each other.
When we help one another, they get the strength to fight the battle, and so do we.
Fight together for the gloryof God.