Scripture Reference: Romans 8:14-23, Ephesians 1:11-14
God's Investments Will Never FailDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | October 26, 1975
Selected highlights from this sermon
Have you ever wondered if it’s possible for your salvation to be lost? It’s not! Believers are part of God’s inheritance in Christ, and if you have truly been born again, God’s investment in you can never be lost.
Pastor Wiersbe gives four guarantees that assure us of our salvation and inheritance.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
Believersare part of God’s inheritancein Christ.
Is it possible for God’s investmentto be lost?
If you have truly been born again, that investment can never be lost.
Four marvelous guaranteesthat ensure God’s investments won’t fail:
- The Sonof God
- A person is savedonly through faithin Christ, not faith in faith.
- The value of faith is in the object.
- Even the weakest faith can cling to Jesus.
- Jesus is able and willing to save.
- Jesus saves us eternallybecause He ever lives.
- The Wordof God
- A person cannot be saved apart from the Word of God because all that we know about salvationis in the Word.
- The Bibleis the Gospelof our salvation.
- The Bible guarantees the eternality of our salvation.
- The Spiritof God
- The Holy Spirit is the down payment of our inheritance.
- The Spirit will never leave believers.
- The sealof the Holy Spirit means the transaction of salvation is complete and we belong to God.
- The Holy Spirit is like an engagement ring for our marriage to Christ.
- The gloryof God
- God’s reputation is at stake in His church.
- The task of the church for all eternity is to praisethe glory of God’sgrace.
Are you part of God’s investment?
Are you investing your life, time, money, energy, and talents in something that will last?