Get Out Of The GraveyardDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | November 16, 1975
Selected highlights from this sermon
In Ephesians 2, Paul takes us from the graveyard to the throne room—from a believer’s past, to their present, and into the future. From the grave, to grace, to God’s glory. Pastor Wiersbe also gives us the sobering reminder that the unsaved are spiritually dead and in need of the resurrection that only Christ can give.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
In Ephesians 2 Paul takes us from the graveyard to the throne room.
Paul lays out the historyof believers: past, present, and future.
- Believers’ past: the grave(Ephesians 2:1-3).
- The unsaved are dead, disobedient, and doomed.
- Sin does not make us sick; it makes us spirituallydead.
- When you are spiritually dead, you don’t respond to spiritualthings.
- The unsaved are disobedientbecause they are slaves to sin, the world, and the devil.
- Satan controls the lives of people with pride.
- A corpse needs resurrectionto be saved.
- Believers’ present: God’s grace(Ephesians 2:4-6).
- The only answer to the grave is “but God.”
- Jesus didn’t just raise us from the grave, He raised us out of the graveyard and into the heavenlies with Him.
- Jesus resurrects us and seat us in heaven.
- God raised us because He is rich in mercy, great in love, and great in grace.
- Believers’ future: God’s glory(Ephesians 2:7).
- God displays the richesof His grace through the church.
- We will have a ministry throughout all eternity to magnify the grace of God.
What is the next chapter in your story? Where are you living: the graveyard or the throne room?