Scripture Reference: Ephesians 4:17-24
The Mind ChangerDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | February 22, 1976
Selected highlights from this sermon
What we think determines who we are and how we live. When you sow a thought, you reap an action. When you sow an action, you reap a habit. When you sow a habit, you reap a character. And when you sow a character, you reap a destiny.
In order to cultivate a mind of peace, believers must walk in the Spirit with a mind that is yielded to the Lord.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
We are what we think.
When you sow a thought, you reap an action. When you sow an action, you reap a habit. When you sow a habit, you reap a character. And when you sow a character, you reap a destiny.
God has given us the giftsof being able to think and imagine.
Four walksof Ephesians: in unity, purity, harmony, and victory.
We must walk in the Spirit with a mindthat is yieldedto the Lord.
Most books on psychology leave out the sinfulness of man and the power of the Holy Spirit.
Our thinking can change our living.
Paul presents three minds:
- The rebelliousmind of the oldman (Ephesians 4:17-19).
- Three characteristics of the old man that make him miserable: he is lost, ignorant, and dead.
- A spiritually dead person can only come alive when the God works in His mind.
- The longer someone resists God’s truth, the harder their heart becomes.
- People try and fill their spiritual appetite with the things that do not satisfy.
- The repentantmind of the convictedman (Ephesians 4:20-21).
- Christ changes people, not religions or rituals.
- Repentance is changing your mind.
- The renewed mind of the newman (Ephesians 4:22-24).
- When you accept Christ, a changecomes to your life, and you must put off the old manner of living.
- Live up to what God has done for you.
- Renew your mind with the Word of God and fellowshipping with other believers.
- You can tell if you’re spiritually minded because you are alive, and where there is life there is growth, fruit, and joy.
Sin is deceptive and leads to corruption.
Cultivate the spiritual mind of life and peace.
Let the truth that is in Jesus Christ get a hold of your mind.
What kind of a mind do you have?