The Great Peace MissionDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | December 7, 1975
Selected highlights from this sermon
The history of mankind is filled with war and with peace agreements that didn’t last. But when Jesus came to Earth, He was the ambassador for a treaty between righteousness and sin. This covenant, written by God with the blood of Jesus, will last forever.
As believers, Pastor Wiersbe points out, God gives us three instructions that we must obey in order to enjoy and share in God’s peace.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
Ephesians 2:11-22 presents the doctrinal truth of why Jesus came to Earth.
The history of mankind is the history of warand peaceagreements that did not last.
Jesus performed the greatest peace mission in all of history.
Jesus was the ambassador for a peace treaty between righteousnessand sin.
The gift of the peace of God can be yours today.
Three instructionswe must obeyto enjoy and share in God’s peace.
- Rememberwhat you were (Ephesians 2:11-12).
- Gentileswere without Christ, citizenship, covenants, or hope.
- Gentiles were in a spiritual mess because they refused the salvationGod offered.
- They worshiped the creation rather than the Creator.
- We become like the gods we worship.
- The Jewishnation failed in their calling to share the Good News of God’s covenant with the world.
- We made our differences into barriers rather than bridges.
- Remembering who you were before Christ is an encouragement to reach out to those who are not saved.
- Remember what Christ did (Ephesians 2:13-18).
- Jesus reconciledus to Himself, brought us back together.
- Jesus accomplished a two-fold reconciliation: between Jews and Gentiles, and between us and God.
- Jesus broke down the barrierof the law.
- Any sinnercan come to God through Jesus Christ.
- What does reconciliation mean in your life and home?
- Remember what you are now (Ephesians 2:19-22).
- Three beautiful pictures of the church:
- We are fellowcitizenswith the saints—God’s holy nation.
- We are stones in the same templebeing built together.
- We are ambassadorsof the greatest peace message ever completed.
- God cements us into Himself through graceand love.
God has written a peace covenantwith the blood of Jesus that will last forever.