Scripture Reference: Ephesians 1:15-23
Better Read Your Bank BookDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | November 2, 1975
Selected highlights from this sermon
How would you feel if your prayers were written down for everyone to read? In this message, using Paul’s prayer as a guide, Pastor Wiersbe reveals four basic needs in our lives which we should pray not only for ourselves but for others.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
How would you feel if your prayerswere written down for everyone to read?
Paulprays for enlightenment and enablement for the Ephesians, that they might knowand put that knowledge into practice.
The preaching of the Word and praying for God’s people go together.
One of the best ways to know what you need is to hear what people are praying for you.
Paul makes four requestswhen he prays for believers, revealing four basic needsin our lives.
- We need to know God.
- Our greatest need is to know God.
- Knowledge of God is the greatest knowledge in all the world.
- Salvationbegins with the knowledge of God.
- Are you wearing a blindfold toward God?
- Knowing God is a deep, intimate, and personal relationship.
- We were made to do the willof God. If you don’t know God, you don’t know who you are, where you came from, where you’re going, or why you’re here.
- Knowing God begins with Jesus and comes when we submit to the Holy Spirt in our hearts.
- We need to know God’s calling.
- When God calls us there is hope.
- Our call in Christ has a more marvelous future than any other calling.
- We look forward to seeing Jesus Christ.
- We might lose some of the battles, but we know we will win the war.
- We need to know God’s riches.
- God gives us all of His riches in grace, glory, and mercy.
- Our riches because of Christ last forever.
- We need to know God’s power.
- The very power that raised Jesus from the dead can operate in our lives through the Holy Spirit.
- Sin has power to kill, deceive, and destroy. But God has power to raise you from the dead.
Ask God for the Spirit of wisdom and the knowledge of God.