Christians, Wise Or Otherwise?Dr. Warren W. Wiersbe | March 14, 1976
Selected highlights from this sermon
How should Christians live their lives? Simply put, we must walk in line with the will of God. When we are attentive to how we’re living, and when we seek to walk within the will of God, we keep ourselves unspotted by the world, bring glory to Jesus, and seize opportunities to share the Gospel.
Our loving, gracious God has opened up His will to us. Why should we not carefully follow it?
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
In the Christian life we have to be carefulthat our walkis in line with the will of God.
Paul presents four arguments for living a careful and accurate life.
- We must walk carefully because of the kind of peoplewe are.
- Who you are determines how you live.
- We are God’s beloved, purchased children.
- We are saints, set apart by God.
- God has made us kingsand lightfor Him.
- For me to become all of these things, Jesus had to lower Himself to become like us.
- Livingcarelessly makes light of God’s sacrifice for us.
- We must walk carefully because of the kind of worldwe live in.
- We live in a perverse, broken, twisted, and dark world.
- We live in evil, sensual, selfish, materialistic, scoffing, and stupid days.
- Don’t be partners or take share in the sinof the world.
- We must walk carefully because of the kind of responsibilitywe carry.
- We have a responsibility to witnessto others.
- Use wisdom in relationships with unbelievers and look for opportunity to win them to Christ.
- We should go through our day as spiritual merchants.
- Do you tell others about Christ with the same zeal, skill, attention, and planning as you approach the rest of life?
- We must walk carefully because of the kind of God that we serve.
- The will of God is an expression of the loveof God for His children.
- We should delight in doing the will of God.
- Don’t just know God’s will, seek to understandit.
- Do God’s will from your heart.
- Our loving, gracious God has opened up His will to us. Why should we not carefully followit?
When we walk carefully, we keep ourselves unspotted by the world, we bring glory to Jesus, and we seize opportunities to share the Gospel and promote the work of the church.
Make the most of the life you’re living for the glory of God.