Salvation From Start To FinishDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | September 21, 1975
Selected highlights from this sermon
Sometimes life makes us lose the concept of how vast and great God’s grace is. Even when he is in jail, Paul praises God for His grace and glory. Paul reminds believers about the greatness of our salvation and of the blessings that come with God’s saving grace. Pastor Wiersbe explains the three magnificent blessings we have because of God’s we have been saved.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
Even when he is in jail, Paul praisesGod for His graceand glory.
Sometimes life makes us lose the concept of how vast and greatGod’s grace is.
Our God is bigger than this world and all of its problems.
Paul praises God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for their blessings.
Three magnificent blessings we have from God the Father because we are saved:
- God has chosenus.
- Doctrine of electionshows whether or not you understand the grace of God.
- God chose us that we might be holy and blameless.
- Believerswere chosen by God before the foundation of the world.
- We were chosen in Christ, not because of ourselves or our decisions.
- Salvationalways begins with God.
- Our salvation is eternal; it is not linked to this creation.
- The same God who ordains the end ordains the means for the end.
- Walk worthy of your callingin Christ.
- We are part of God’s vast eternalplan that is for His glory.
- Predestination is God’s plan for getting Christians to heaven. God’s plans always work.
- God has adoptedus.
- We are adopted by being born againinto God’s family.
- Being born into God’s family means we have His nature.
- Adoption means we are treated by God as adult sons.
- Use your freedoms and privileges as part of God’s family in love to serve other people.
- We enjoy adoption now spiritually, but at the final resurrection we will enjoy it in our physical bodies.
- God has acceptedus.
- We are not worthy of God’s acceptance on our own.
- God receives us the same way He accepts Jesus.
All of the blessings are given to us only because of Jesus Christ.