Scripture Reference: Ephesians 2:8-10
The Way Faith WorksDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | November 30, 1975
Selected highlights from this sermon
The world is populated with spiritually dead people. But God is also at work, and if we let Him, He will work on our behalf. If you choose to experience the work of God, you will be raised from the graveyard and walk in a wonderful new life.
Pastor Wiersbe explains how God works for us, in us, and through us. We need to let God work, by grace through faith, for His glory.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
The worldis populated with spiritually deadpeople.
God is workingin the graveyardof this world.
People are looking for a power beyond themselves.
If you don’t know Jesus, the spirit of disobedience is working in your life.
God is also at work, and if we let Him, He will work on our behalf.
If you choose to experience these works of God, you will be raised from the graveyard and walking in a wonderful new life.
Three works God wants to perform in our lives:
- Salvationis the work God does forus.
- By nature, we are children of wrath facing the judgement of sin.
- God saves us only by His grace.
- Being saved means He rescuesus from danger, protects us by His grace, benefitsus in the process, and preservesus for the future.
- Salvation is the finished work of Christ on the cross.
- There are no good works that can be done by a dead person.
- The test of your salvation is this: are you bragging about it or are you humbled by it?
- If you’re humbled by it, it is God’s grace.
- Because we cannot be saved by good works, we can never be lost by bad works.
- Sanctificationis the work God does inus.
- Salvation is not the end; it is the beginning of God changingour lives.
- God doesn’t save us then abandon us. He works in us; we are His handiwork.
- When God works in us, our heartand ambitions begin to align with theholythings of God.
- A miracletakes place because God moves in and has a plan for us to fulfill.
- God builds His church with people who have experienced the miracle of a new creation.
- The miracle of the Christian life is living the way you were saved: by grace through faith.
- God wants us to have the love, patience, and sacrifice that Jesus had.
- God works in our lives through the Bible, prayer, and suffering.
- Serviceis the work God does throughus.
- God is preparingus as vessels for the ministry He wants us to perform.
- Salvation and sanctification are lived out through service.
- Walkworthy of your callingin Christ.
Have you come to the cross of Jesus and turned your back on your own good works?
Living in God’s grace is so much better than living in the graveyard.
Let God do the work for His glory.