I Know A SecretDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | January 25, 1976
Selected highlights from this sermon
In Ephesians 3, Paul tells us about the mystery of the church: believing Jews and Gentiles are one in Jesus Christ. Together they make up the church.The Christian life is not an individual life. God has given us the knowledge in His Word and the power in the Spirit to be part of the mystery of the church.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
When you know the message of the mysteryof the Gospelyou can receive the blessings of God.
The Gospel is the most important messagein the world because it meets the greatest need.
The good news of the Gospel is that we can be forgiven.
The message of the Gospel cost the greatest price (Jesus’ death), involved the greatest miracle (the resurrection), and produces the greatest results (our hearts are changed).
The message of the mystery is the second most important message.
A mystery is a truthGod has hidden in past ages but is now revealingto His children through the Holy Spirit.
Paul tells us about the mystery of the church: believing Jews and Gentiles are one in Jesus Christ and make up the church.
The Christian life is not an individual life.
Paul shows the importance of the mystery of the church by relating it to four different people:
- Paulhimself (Ephesians 3:1-5).
- Paul’s relationship to the mystery of the church is through revelation, dispensation, and tribulation.
- God revealed the truth of the church to Paul so he might stewardit even in the face of persecution.
- The 12 disciples are a picture of the 12 tribes of Israel, and Paul is a picture of the whole church.
- Gentiles(Ephesians 3:6-8).
- Gentiles were without hope before the message of the Gospel.
- Now, we are partakers of the promises, members of the same body, and fellow heirsin Christ.
- God brings all of His people togetherin the church.
- We are all one in Jesus Christ, regardless of race or background.
- God supplies all of our needs according to the richesof His grace.
- Angels(Ephesians 3:9-10).
- God is educating the angels through the church.
- The holy angels marvel at God’s plan of salvation, and the fallen angels rage at His wisdom.
- Believerstoday (Ephesians 3:11-13).
- If you know the mystery of the church then you understand the Word of God.
- God did not build denominations; He is building a unifiedbody.
- Our eternal purpose gives us boldness and confidence.
God has given us the knowledge in His Word and the power in the Spirit to be part of the mystery of the church.
God is gatheringpeople together. Is that the work you’re doing?