Scripture Reference: Zechariah 12:10, Ephesians 2:8-9, Ephesians 4:7, Colossians 3:16
He Makes You RichDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | February 16, 1975
Selected highlights from this sermon
Throughout Scripture we see how the Holy Spirit makes God’s grace available to us when we need it. The Holy Spirit has riches available for us beyond our comprehension—and His grace never runs out!
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
The material riches of this life are an opportunity for something else.
We find the name the Spirit of grace twice in Scriptures.
Grace is God’s kindness to people who don’t deserve it.
We don’t earn or deserve God’s grace.
Four ministries of the Holy Spirt: the gift of the Spirit, the gifts given by the Spirit, the graces of the Spirit, and the government of the Spirit.
All believers have the Holy Spirit and gifts given by Him for service in the church.
Through the Holy Spirit we have everything we’ll ever need for Christian living.
The Spirit applies the grace of God to our lives.
We have spiritual riches available to us beyond our comprehension.
Five kinds of grace God makes available through the Holy Spirit:
- Saving grace (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- The world does not understand the Holy Spirit because they cannot see Him.
- We cannot be saved without the grace of the Holy Spirit.
- God the Holy Spirit has the grace to live in and among us.
- The Spirit applies saving grace by revealing Jesus through the Word of God.
- Serving grace (Ephesians 4:7)
- In the fellowship of the church our job is to mature one another and build up the body of Christ.
- There is some ministry God can use you to perform.
- Don’t depend on your own strength when serving God. Rely on the grace of God.
- Suffering grace (2 Corinthians 12:8-10)
- Suffering never helped anybody, but when you mix it with grace, God can use that suffering for His glory.
- God gave Paul a thorn in the flesh to keep Him from sinning.
- When you mix suffering with grace you get growth and glory.
- God gives us each grace when we need it.
- Sacrificing grace (2 Corinthians 8)
- Paul told the church that poverty and affliction can produce joy and liberation.
- Grace means giving. God gives us grace that we might pass it on to other people.
- Singing grace (Colossians 3:16)
- Sometimes it takes grace to worship God.
- God can give you the song to sing despite of the difficulty.
Draw upon the riches of the grace of God in faith.
The grace of the Holy Spirit never runs out.