He Makes The Future BrightDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | March 9, 1975
Selected highlights from this sermon
Understanding the Spirit of promise—that God keeps His promises—reminds us that we have a bright future. The Holy Spirit is proof of that and an encouragement for us to claim the promises and blessings we have in Christ. The promises of God will never fail.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
Happiness exists with someone to love, something to do, and something to look forward to.
As Christians we should be happy because we have Jesus to love, the Gospel to share, and the return of Jesus to look forward to.
When there is love and faith, there is hope.
Understanding the Spirit of promise encourages us that we can have a brighter future.
Four reasons why the Holy Spirit is called the Spirit of promise:
- The Holy Spirit came to Earth in fulfillment of promise.
- In the Old Testament, the Holy Spirit came on select people, but He was promised to all people eventually.
- The Holy Spirit is proof that God keeps His promises.
- If God keeps His promises, we have no reason to fear the future.
- The Holy Spirit came into our hearts in fulfillment of promise.
- Before we were believers, our spirit was one of sin.
- We receive the Holy Spirit when we believe.
- The Holy Spirit uses the Word of God to save us.
- As long as the Holy Spirit is living in your life, you do not need to fear the future.
- The Holy Spirit sealed us that we might share the promises.
- The seal of the Holy Spirit involves three blessings: ownership, protection, and authority.
- Because we are sealed by the Spirit, we have the authority to claim the promises of God.
- The Holy Spirit is the earnest to encourage us to claim God’s promises.
- To be earnest means to be zealous.
- We can enjoy the blessings of the future now.
Let the Holy Spirit be the key that opens the promises of God to us.
The promises of God will never fail.