He Gives You Inner PowerDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | February 2, 1975
Selected highlights from this sermon
When Jesus left Earth, He sent the Holy Spirit in His place. This same Holy Spirit is our comforter. He strengthens and teaches us so that we might obey the Word of God and witness to the world.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
When Jesus left Earth, He sent the Holy Spirit in His place.
The Holy Spirit is our comforter.
Four practical discoveries from knowing that the Holy Spirit is our comforter:
- We discover who the Holy Spirit is.
- The Spirit is a person.
- The word “paracleto” can be translate comforter, helper, counselor, encourager, advocate.
- The Holy Spirit helps us live for Christ.
- Comforter means “with strength.”
- The Holy Spirit doesn’t pamper us. He comes to fortify, enable, strengthen, and empower us.
- We do not earn or deserve the Holy Spirit; He is a gift of love.
- Our relationship with Him is one of grace and faith.
- We discover what the Holy Spirit does.
- Jesus promised to send another of the same kind as Himself.
- The Holy Spirit is to us now the same that Jesus was to His disciples when He was on Earth.
- The Spirit is everywhere at once.
- The Spirit wants to teach, discipline, defend, and encourage us.
- Jesus was with His disciples temporarily, but the Spirit is in us eternally.
- You can’t separate the work of the Holy Spirit from the work of Jesus.
- We discover how the Holy Spirit comforts us.
- The Holy Spirit minsters to us by teaching us the Word of God and pointing us to Jesus Christ.
- The Spirit came to testify and glorify Jesus.
- The Spirit reminds us of the Word of God.
- The Spirit gives us the strength to obey the Word of God.
- We discover why the Holy Spirit comforts us.
- The Spirit works in us that we might be able to witness to a lost world.
- Witnessing is simply telling you how wonderful Jesus is to you.
- God works in us so that He might work through us.
- God uses people to talk to people.
If we want the Holy Spirit in our lives for selfish purposes, we won’t get it.
Where do you look for help when you are discouraged?