He Gives You Real LifeDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | January 26, 1975
Selected highlights from this sermon
God wants us to truly live in Him, not just exist. Living requires that we are free from bondage in sin and the flesh. Because the Holy Spirit is the spirit of life who indwells believers in Christ, He lives in us, giving us eternal, victorious, and resurrection life.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
How do we define life?
Paul had the secret of life: the Holy Spirit of God.
The Holy Spirit is the spirit of life.
Our physical life is loaned to us by God. Only God holds the essential of life.
God wants us to live, not just exist.
Living is freedom from bondage.
Three shackles in our lives that the Holy Spirit can break.
- The law reveals sin, condemns sinners, and results in death.
- The law of Christ Jesus is one of grace.
- God’s relationship with man is based purely on grace.
- We cannot just deal with the symptoms of guilt; we must deal with the cause.
- The saved man has life and peace through the Holy Spirit.
- Everyone has something they are embarrassed about. The devil loves to use those against us.
- Lay hold of the truth that there is no condemnation is Christ Jesus.
- In Christian lives there is typically one sin that bothers each person.
- God does not permit under grace what He condemned under law.
- Our old nature cannot be controlled by any law.
- When the Holy Spirit is allowed to work in our lives, He fulfills the law.
- Don’t let your life become sin-centered. Instead be Spirit-centered.
- The Holy Spirit wants to work in our lives.
- Yield your mind to the Word of God and the Spirit will work in you.
- Fear of death
- Unless you are prepared to die, you are not prepared to live.
- The Holy Spirit of life lives in us because God has already broken the chains of death.
- Don’t let the devil use grief to hinder us.
The Spirit gives us eternal, victorious, and resurrection life.
We have God living in us.
If you are a Christian, you have the Holy Spirit. Does the Holy Spirit have you?