He Helps You Tell The TruthDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | February 9, 1975
Selected highlights from this sermon
The happiest and holiest life is one lived in truth. If you know Jesus as your Savior, you have a right relationship to truth through the Holy Spirit.
God revealed truth to the church so that we might be a pillar of truth in this world by living it out. By living the truth, we glorify God and provide a witness to others.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
Wisdom depends upon truth.
Truth brings liberty, but lies result in bondage.
The happiest and holiest life is one lived in right relation to truth.
If you know Jesus as your Savior, you can have a right relationship to truth through the Holy Spirit.
Having a right relationship with truth leads to a right relationship with God and others.
Three ministries the Holy Spirit performs to help us have a right relationship to truth:
- The Holy Spirit gives us the truth.
- There are three editions of truth: Jesus Christ the Son of God, the Word of God, and the Holy Spirit Himself.
- We get all of these truths by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus got His body by the Holy Spirit.
- The Spirit inspired each of the writers of the Bible.
- God has deposited each of these truths with the church.
- The church is a pillar that keeps truth in the world today.
- The Holy Spirit teaches us the truth.
- The Holy Spirit teaches us the truth through the Word of God.
- All of God’s plans for us are revealed by the Holy Spirit.
- Every part of the Trinity knows just what we need for each day.
- Have you come to the place in your relationship with the Word that you can relate spiritual things with other spiritual truths?
- Jesus teaches us the lesson that we need when we can take it.
- There are many stages of spiritual growth.
- As a church, we have to grow in every area of our ministry.
- We study the Bible in order to live it.
- The Holy Spirit enables us to live the truth.
- Each edition of truth meets a need in our lives.
- Our heart has to love something, so the Spirit gave us someone to love—Jesus Christ.
- The Spirit gave us a book from which to learn the truth with our mind—the Word of God.
- The Holy Spirit controls our will so we can obey Him.
- Whatever we love, we live.
- The Holy Spirit helps us transform learning into living with the motivation of loving Jesus.
- We live the truth so we might glorify God and witness to others.
- The best way to defend the truth is to live it.