Scripture Reference: 2 Corinthians 4:1-13
He Helps You Live By FaithDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | April 6, 1975
Selected highlights from this sermon
Trusting God in the midst of suffering is the theme of 2 Corinthians 4. From this chapter, Pastor Wiersbe explains exactly how theHoly Spirit helps us have an attitude of faith—especially during those difficult times of life. He also encourages us with this fact: with each new level of trouble, our treasure, trust, and testimony grow to the glory of God.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
One of the themes of 2 Corinthians is to trust God in suffering.
One of the dangers of spiritual growth is getting to a point where we think we can’t learn any more.
God gives us an attitude of faith to keep on going.
How does the Holy Spirit help us have an attitude of faith?
Even if we don’t need faith for ourselves, we need faith to encourage others.
Four words that summarize the ministry of the Holy Spirit in helping us live by faith:
- We have the treasure of salvation, the life of God.
- The devil and world fight against us because we have a treasure inside us.
- No one can tell the treasure is there until the vessel has gone through trouble.
- God lets us go through trouble so that we learn to value the treasure not the vessel.
- When a believer goes through trouble, the world should be able to see the glory of God.
- We should be willing to go through trouble for Jesus sake, for the sake of others, and for our own sake.
- As we go through troubles, the treasure on the inside gets brighter and brighter as our inward man is being renewed each day.
- When trouble comes, the Holy Spirit takes the Word of God and gives us faith.
- True biblical faith involves the whole man: mind, heart, and will.
- Trouble never makes a person better apart from faith.
- The secret of trusting God is to get our eyes off of our circumstances and put them on the Word of God.
- We speak to the glory of God because we believe.
- The test results in our testimony.
- With each new level of trouble, the treasure, trust, and testimony grow to the glory of God.
Treasure plus trouble plus trust equals testimony.
Do you have the treasure inside you?
Are you running away from the trouble?