Scripture Reference: Romans 8:31-39
Why A True Believer Cannot Be LostDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | July 11, 1976
Selected highlights from this sermon
Have you ever wondered whether or not you’re truly saved, or if you’ve ever done anything to lose your salvation. Are you, or are you not destined for eternity in heaven with Christ?
Know this, a true child of God can never be lost, and you can have assurance that your place in heaven is secure.
As Pastor Wiersbe walks us through Romans 8:31-39, he shows us that our eternal security is found in God, not in ourselves. If God is great enough to save us, He is great enough to keep us.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
Believers are secure in the grace of God.
A true child of God can never be lost.
We can know for sure that we are children of God.
There are many people who claim to be saved but don’t live like it.
The test of real salvation is whether or not they witness of the Holy Spirit in their heart.
Five compelling arguments to prove that a child of God can never be lost:
- God is for us (Romans 8:31).
- God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are together and individually working for believers.
- God cannot fail us.
- If God is working everything together for us, how can we ever be lost?
- Jesus died for us (Romans 8:32).
- If God has given us the greatest gift He ever could, won’t He give us everything we need to live the Christian life?
- God gave us Jesus when we were still His enemies.
- If we can lose our salvation, then Jesus died in vain.
- When you receive Jesus, you get everything you need to live a victorious, successful, and productive Christ life.
- We don’t need anything else.
- Our salvation doesn’t depend on our good works, but on Jesus’ finished work.
- God has justified us (Romans 8:33).
- Justification is God declaring us righteous in Jesus.
- God did not just pardon our sin, He gives us a new, perfect record.
- God’s chosen ones wear the righteousness of Christ.
- As believers God is no longer dealing with us on the basis of law but on the basis of grace.
- Jesus is making intercession for us (Romans 8:34).
- The Holy Spirit is working inside of believers.
- As long as Jesus Christ is alive we will be saved.
- God loves us (Romans 8:35-39).
- Nothing can separate us from the love of God.
- No matter what happens in life God loves continues.
- God loves the whole world, but this passage is talking about God’s love for His children.
- Being more than conquerors means using a difficulty to overcome that hardship and bring glory to God.
Romans 8 begins with no condemnation and it ends with no separation from the love of God.
Our security is found in Him, not ourselves.
If God is great enough to save us, He is great enough to keep us.