Are You Walking Or Riding?Dr. Warren W. Wiersbe | June 20, 1976
Selected highlights from this sermon
God gave us our bodies and minds to be servants, but the world has made these servants our masters. We should live our lives in such a way that our bodies and minds are used to glorify God every day.
In this message drawing on Romans 8, Pastor Wiersbe explains four ways that we should submit our lives to the Holy Spirit each day. After all, when we surrender everything to the Holy Spirit, He will fill us, shape us, and use us.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
Our bodies, minds, and money were all made to be servants, but the world has made the servants into masters.
King Solomon discusses the tragedy of being mastered by our servants.
We can pay our spiritual debt to the Holy Spirit and have spiritual victory in our lives.
We know we are saved because of the Holy Spirit living within us.
How do we pay our debt to the Holy Spirit?
Present four gifts to the Holy Spirit every day:
- The body
- Apart from Jesus, our bodies are broken and dirty, and we cannot please God.
- Our body is the temple of the Holy Spirt.
- Our bodies should be used as instruments of righteousness.
- God uses our bodies to accomplish His eternal
- A disciplined Christian will not unnecessarily pamper the body but give it over to God.
- When the appetite of the flesh wants to pull us down, the Holy Spirit will be there to bring us back up.
- The Holy Spirit cannot live in a body that has not been submitted to Him.
- We give the Holy Spirit our body by obeying and getting up.
- The mind
- The best test of a person’s spirituality is what he thinks about when he doesn’t have to think.
- We are called to set our attention on things that are above this world.
- The flesh uses our mind to control our actions.
- We give the Holy Spirit our mind by reading our Bible.
- The will
- The mind controls the body, but the will controls the mind.
- We control what we think about.
- God already has our life planned, but He wants us to be willing to follow His plan.
- We give the Holy Spirit our will through prayer.
- The heart
- God pours His love into our hearts.
We must be willing to give all parts of our life over to God.
When we surrender everything to the Holy Spirit, He will fill, shape, and use us.