Walking Through The StormDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | November 14, 1976
Selected highlights from this sermon
What do you do when you find yourself in the trials of life?
Jesus knew that we would all face various storms throughout our lives, but He gives us encouragement as a reminder of who He is and the purpose these storms have in His plan for us.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
Jesus knew that we would face various storms throughout our lives.
What do you do when you find yourself in the storms of life?
Five encouragements for when we find ourselves in a storm:
- Jesus brought us here.
- There are correcting storms and perfecting
- God has a purpose behind every trial.
- Sometimes God puts us in a storm to prevent sin.
- God balances blessings and burdens to keep us balanced by standing on Him.
- Every storm prepares us for something God has in the future.
- Jesus is praying for us.
- The Father always answers His Son’s prayers.
- Jesus knows what we are going through.
- Jesus will come to us.
- God knows exactly where we are in the midst of a storm.
- God will never desert us.
- The same waves that were frightening the disciples brought Jesus closer to them.
- Jesus will help us grow.
- Peter began to sink when he took his eyes off the Lord.
- Keep your eyes on the promises of God.
- Faith is acting upon the Word of God.
- Jesus will see us through.
- God will complete the work He has begun in us.
- Jesus already completed the greatest trial for us: sacrificing Himself to satisfy God’s wrath against our sin.