Wake Up To A Miracle!Dr. Warren W. Wiersbe | December 26, 1976
Selected highlights from this sermon
In Acts 12, the Apostle Peter was imprisoned and awaiting his execution. Oddly enough, he wasn’t anxious or frightened. In fact, he slept. He was able to rest, because he was resting on divine certainties of God—certainties we can trust in today.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
Peter slept soundly the night before he knew he was to be executed.
People today find themselves in bondage to various things.
Four marvelous certainties that Peter rests on (divine certainties from God):
- God is on the throne.
- God is on the throne of heaven, ruling over all.
- God keeps His
- God already told Peter when and how he would die.
- Peter relied and focused on the promises of God.
- God sends His angels.
- God’s angels are watching over His children.
- God answers
- There is power in assembled prayer.
- There was united prayer for Peter.
- God waited until He would get the most glory in His answer.
- God can do the impossible and miraculous.
We don’t need God to change our circumstance. We need God to change our faith.
There is no prison too strong for God.