Turning Failure Into SuccessDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | October 31, 1976
Selected highlights from this sermon
Everyone faces failure, but we don’t have to face it alone. By submitting our lives to the Lord, He can turn our failure into a success. Having faith means trusting and obeying God no matter our circumstances. Pastor Wiersbe gives us three instructions for turning our lives over to Christ so that we may experience the blessing of obedience to Him.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
When Jesus shows up, He can turn failure into success with a miracle.
He can do the same thing in our lives today.
Turning our lives over to the Lord is what makes failure success.
Each of us is called into full-time Christian living.
Three instructions for turning your life over to Christ:
- Thrust out a little.
- People who can’t obey little things will have a hard time taking care of big things.
- We must stop for a little while to rest in the Word of God.
- Is there a little thing in your life God has asked you to give to Him?
- We miss out on God’s blessing when we cannot submit the little things to Him.
- Launch out into the deep.
- God wants to take over our lives for our good and His glory.
- God calls us to go deeper in our faith, love, and obedience.
- Faith is obeying God’s Word in spite of current circumstances.
- God teaches us to trust Him in the occupation He has given us.
- When we take our eyes off the Lord we begin to sink.
- If we can’t trust God in the calm, we will never be able to trust Him in the storm.
- Step out and follow God.
- God wants us—all of who we are.
- God calls us to share our faith with others.
- Fishermen have the characteristics Jesus wants to see in our lives: patience, determination, and courage.
- God uses us even when we don’t feel capable or worthy.
Which of these instructions are you at?
Don’t stop obeying God’s instructions for your life.