Miracles Begin At HomeDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | October 17, 1976
Selected highlights from this sermon
When Peter surrendered his life to Jesus, God began performing miracles in his life and home. Some may think that can’t happen today, but it can. As Pastor Wiersbe walks us through Peter’s life we’ll see examples of the miracles God can do in us. It’s as easy as going to God as saying, “Here I am. Use me.”
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
Jesus took hold of the life and home of Simon Peter and miracles began happening.
The miracles that happened to Peter can happen to us as well.
Three reasons Peter was a focal point of Jesus’ work and power:
- Peter entered a miracle family.
- Peter followed the Jewish religious laws.
- Peter’s life was changed when he encountered Jesus.
- Every day brought a new or different challenge.
- Jesus calls us to exchange the yoke of religion and take His easy yoke of redemption and rest.
- Peter enjoyed miracle fellowship.
- Fellowship with Jesus is the basis of power.
- Believers share in the authority of God’s Word.
- Are you going to take Jesus home with you after church on Sundays?
- God works through prayer in people’s lives and families.
- Peter exercised a miracle faith.
- Peter prayed in faith for his mother-in-law’s healing.
- What would you do if your whole town gathered at your door? Would you tell them about Jesus?
- We are called to multiply our faith by sharing it with others.
- Miracles begin at home.
God made Peter’s life a miracle when he surrendered it to God.
Come to God as say, “Here I am. Use me.”