Scripture Reference: Matthew 17:24-27
The Miracle Of The MoneyDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | November 7, 1976
Selected highlights from this sermon
Who are you trusting with your needs? Jesus calls believers to turn all of our cares over to Him. He is concerned with our need, and has the power to meet it. God provides for us according to the riches of His grace and glory.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
There is never a dull moment when you follow Jesus Christ and obey Him.
In Jesus’ time, men were required to pay a tax to the temple to help pay for animals to sacrifice.
God provided the apostles money in their time of need.
Everyone faces some kind of need.
Three assurances from God’s miracle of provision:
- Jesus knows our needs.
- Jesus knows our needs before we do, and He promises to answer when we call.
- Often, we don’t realize we need faith before anything else.
- Jesus knows our needs because He is both God and man.
- The same God who created and named all of the stars is counting the hairs of our head.
- Jesus is concerned about our need.
- God is concerned for our sake because He wants us to grow in our faith, hope, love, and joy.
- It hurts parents when their children worry about something the parent can provide.
- One of God’s joys is to meet our needs.
- God is concerned for His sake because caring for our needs brings Him glory.
- God is concerned for the sake of others so that our needs don’t cause them to stumble.
- Jesus will meet our need.
- Jesus has the power to meet all our needs because He is the King of kings.
- God tells us what to do. When we obey, He gives us the strength to do what we cannot do on our own.
- We know God will meet all our needs because He has already met the greatest need: salvation.
- God meets our needs because He redeemed us.