Scripture Reference: 1 Samuel 1, 1 Samuel 2
The Woman Who Knew How To PrayDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | August 21, 1977
Selected highlights from this sermon
The name Hannah means “grace.” In this message, Pastor Wiersbe examines the grace that God gave to Hannah as she faced great sorrow in her life and had to depend on the grace of God.
As with Hannah, God gives us the same grace in our lives.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
Hannah was the woman who knew how to pray.
Hannah was in great sorrow before the Lord.
Hannah’s name means grace.
Hannah had to depend on the grace of God.
Different kinds of grace God showed to Hannah:
- The grace to suffer
- On our own we cannot take pleasure in suffering.
- Hannah suffered in the hardest place to suffer: at home.
- There should never be a rival for your wife.
- God gave her the grace to stay in her home despite the suffering.
- Ask God to give you the grace to speak or be silent.
- The grace to sacrifice
- Hannah offered her son to the Lord for his whole life.
- God gives us the grace to sacrifice.
- The grace to sing
- Hannah rejoiced in the Lord.
- Hannah exalts the Lord even after she gave up her son.
God is the God of all grace.