The Woman Who Became A ThiefDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | July 3, 1977
Selected highlights from this sermon
Throughout the Bible, God honors and protects womanhood. Pastor Wiersbe begins a series on the ideals for women as seen through those in the Bible. By studying Eve, the first woman, we learn about a woman’s dignity, how marriage was ordained by God, and instructions for the Church.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
God honors and protects womanhood.
God puts a spotlight on women’s faith throughout the Bible.
We must know the ideals for womanhood in the Bible.
Eve teaches us many things:
- What a woman should be
- The dignity of women comes because she was created by God and reflects God’s image.
- Women share God’s rule of having dominion over the Earth.
- Women enjoy God’s blessing.
- Man needed women to draw out the best in him.
- Women are God’s gift to man.
- The woman brings glory to God in the church by submission.
- It is through women that salvation came into the world.
- What marriage should be
- Adam and Eve’s marriage was planned and performed by God.
- Find the person that matches you.
- Marriage is a physical union ordained by God.
- Marriage was made to be a permanent and exclusive union.
- Sin is the great wrecker of marriages.
- What the church should be
- Eve tells us the origin of the church.
- The church was made for Christ just as Eve was made for Adam.
- Eve is a warning to the church.
- We must be protected so we are not seduced by the world.
- Eve is an instruction to the church.
- God has given leadership to the man and women are to serve with them.