Wanted: A ShepherdDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | February 8, 1976
Selected highlights from this sermon
Psalm 23 teaches us about God’s grace by describing us as sheep who need a shepherd. If we are going to live a successful life, we must know who our shepherd is and trust in Him. If we do, He will lead us down the right paths. Jesus is our Shepherd, and in Him we have all that we need.
Editor’s Note: We apologize that the beginning of this sermon has been cut off. The Moody Church does not have the original recordings from which to restore the ending.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
- We must know the Shepherd.
- Jesus is our shepherd.
- David, Joseph, Peter, and John all point to Jesus as the true Shepherd.
- Psalm 23 is part of a trilogy. Jesus is the Good Shepherd who lays down His life for the sheep (Psalm 22). Jesus is the Great Shepherd who lives for the sheep (Psalm 23). Jesus is the Chief Shepherd who is coming for the sheep (Psalm 24).
- If we are going to live a successful life, we must know who our shepherd is.
- We must trust the Shepherd.
- We can trust Jesus to guide us and make our lives what they are to be.
- Jesus is the Lord who provides.
- Jesus is the Lord of peace.
- Jesus is the Lord who heals.
- Jesus is the Lord, our righteousness.
- Jesus is the Lord who is there.
- Jesus is the Lord who wins the battle.
- Jesus is more than sufficient for every need that we have.
- Jesus saved us and takes care of us for His name’s sake, for His glory.
- We must follow the Shepherd.
- We should never allow the concerns of tomorrow rob us of the blessings of today.
- God wants us to enjoy all of our life, living one day at a time.
- Face each day remembering that the Lord is our Shepherd.
- Because we are sheep, the Shepherd must feed us daily.
- When we wander from the Shepherd, He seeks to bring us back.
- Jesus us leads us through hard times to grow our trust in Him.
- When we go through the valley, nothing can hurt us because the Shepherd is there to protect us.
We can have peace because we follow the Good Shepherd.