History's Greatest MarriageDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | February 22, 1976
Selected highlights from this sermon
Psalm 45 is a picture of our relationship with Jesus Christ. Everything we are and do stems from our relationship with Him. Our greatest need is to have a deeper love of Jesus who loves us so much that He gave Himself up for us. How do you demonstrate your love for Him?
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
Psalm 45 is a picture of our heart relationship with Jesus Christ.
Our greatest need in life is to have a deeper love of Jesus.
Everything we are and do stems from our relationship with Jesus.
Two lessons about our love for the Lord Jesus:
- Why do we love Jesus? (Psalm 45:2-9)
- We love Jesus for who He is.
- We love Jesus for His words of grace and love.
- Jesus is the King of peace who died for us.
- We love Jesus because of His righteous
- We can reign in life by bowing before the throne of Jesus.
- We love Jesus because of His sacrifice for us.
- We love Jesus because of the gifts He has given us.
- How do we love Jesus? (Psalm 45:10-17)
- We must love Jesus completely.
- We must love Jesus spontaneously.
- Love is not just talking, it is doing.
- We must love Jesus gloriously.
- We must love Jesus joyfully.
- Loving Jesus is the foundation for everything we need.
When Jesus comes again, we do not need to feel ashamed for neglecting our love of Him.
We must learn to love Jesus because He is the King.
We can learn to grow in our love of Jesus through the power of the Holy Spirit.