Scripture Reference: John 17:9-12, Romans 8:31-39
The Greatest Security Ever OfferedDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | May 29, 1977
Selected highlights from this sermon
The world is obsessed with finding security. But Pastor Wiersbe points out that true believers are eternally secure in Christ. Believers can be just as sure of heaven today as if we were already there.
So let us share this Good News with our neighbors!
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
The great quest in the world today is for security.
Without security you can’t know who you are or where you’re going.
We can’t be secure physically or emotionally until we are secure spiritually.
The true believer is eternally secure in Christ.
Facts about the security of the believer:
- The believer is secure because salvation is a gift.
- No one can achieve salvation without it being a gift.
- God does not take back His gifts.
- The believer is secure because the work of salvation is finished.
- No one can pluck us out of God’s hand.
- Jesus paid it all means we can’t add anything to salvation or take anything from it.
- The believer is secure because Jesus prays for us.
- We are saved not only in Jesus’ death, but in His life.
- Jesus is in heaven interceding for us.
- There is not a prayer that Jesus asks that God does not answer.
- The believer is secure because salvation is for God’s glory.
- We are rescued from sin that we might glorify God.
- God uses our weakness and failures to glorify Himself.
- God’s glory is wrapped up in our security.
- The believer is secure because salvation unites all believers.
- We belong to a body that will live forever.
- We have a spiritual unity that cannot be broken.
- We are united as God is united.
- The believer is secure because Jesus kept His disciples while on Earth.
- Judas was not a believer who was lost, but a hypocrite who was never saved.
- Jesus will not lose those who are given to Him.
Believers can be just as sure of heaven today as if we were already there.
Why does God want to keep His children?
- So we can glorify Him.
- So we know we cannot be lost no matter what trials and temptations we go through in this world.
- So we can share the gospel.
Do you know for sure that you belong to God?