Scripture Reference: John 17:6-8, 1 Corinthians 2:9-16
The Greatest Knowledge Ever RevealedDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | May 22, 1977
Selected highlights from this sermon
Knowledge is one of the most valued resources in the world today. But the world has divorced knowledge from its source, which is God.
In John 17, Jesus prayed that we might grow in our knowledge of God. To know God is the greatest knowledge we could ever have. But in order to get to know God, He has to have our heart, mind, and will.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
One of the greatest cultural explosions has been the explosion of knowledge.
But yet, we seem to have less wisdom than ever before.
The world today has divorced knowledge from its source, which is God.
God wants us to learn with meekness and humility, but instead people are learning with pride and arrogance.
No matter what you know, if you don’t know God, you don’t know anything.
The most important knowledge you can have is the knowledge of God.
Four questions that lead us to the knowledge of God:
- What is the knowledge of God?
- God’s name reveals God’s nature.
- There is some knowledge that we cannot learn through human ingenuity; it must be revealed.
- The true knowledge of God is the knowledge of His name, and this knowledge comes through Jesus.
- The knowledge of God’s name is the knowledge of the nature of God
- Who can have the knowledge of God?
- Only believers have the true knowledge of God.
- The saved are those given to Jesus by God.
- To know God you must admit you are a sinner and come to God for salvation.
- What is the value of the knowledge of God?
- When you know God, you have the potential for knowing all things.
- When you know God, you know the greatest person in all the universe.
- When you know the heart and mind of God, you know the world better.
- Knowledge outside of God becomes a weapon to fight with instead of a tool to build with.
- When you know God through Jesus, you know yourself and do not have to fear death.
- The knowledge of God makes us rich.
- How do we receive the knowledge of God?
- God the Father gives it to God the Son who gives it to His disciples.
- God has given us His Word to grow in our knowledge of Him.
- Take the gift that God has given you and live in it.
- Does your soul thirst for God?
- To get to know God, He has to have your heart, mind, and will.
The world today doesn’t care about knowing God.
What would happen if we spent half as much time getting to know God as we do all the other things in life?
Let the Spirit of God reveal God to you.