The Greatest Gift Ever GivenDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | May 8, 1977
Selected highlights from this sermon
Eternal life is the greatest gift ever offered to man. Every single person ever born is going to live forever, even after their time on Earth is over. The question is where will they end up. Of course, heaven is the most desired location in the afterlife, and all we have to do to get there is accept a gift bought and paid for by Jesus.
Christians often take this gift for granted. Pastor Wiersbe explains why eternal life is an extraordinary gift that should never occupy an ordinary place in our lives.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
The greatest gift ever given to man is eternal life.
God is giving eternal life as a gracious gift, but there are still many who do not have it.
Christians often take eternal life for granted; it becomes ordinary.
Qualities that make eternal life the greatest gift:
- An eternal gift
- Everyone is going to live forever after they physically die.
- Eternal life is not life from God it is the life of God.
- An expensive gift
- Expense comes from things that are precious to us.
- Jesus glorified the father through His suffering, death, and resurrection.
- We are purchased with the sacrifice of Jesus life.
- We can’t earn or do things to deserve the gift of eternal life; we can only accept it by faith.
- An essential gift
- Life is a necessity, not a luxury.
- Jesus is the water and bread of life.
- An extensive gift
- Eternal life is the only gift that is good for everybody.
- An exclusive gift
- Jesus is the only road to heaven.
- Salvation is more than knowing Jesus, it is about having an intimate relationship with Him.
Everyone can come to Jesus, accept the gift of eternal life, and enjoy Him forever.