Surrender Or Else!Dr. Warren W. Wiersbe | May 28, 1978
Selected highlights from this sermon
Submission to God results in a beautiful and godly life. Pastor Wiersbe explains the importance of living a life of submission to God. Not only is it for our own sake, but it’s also for the sake of the unsaved and for God. When we choose to live a godly life, God shows an abundance of grace towards us.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
The overall theme of 1 Peter is the grace of God.
God shows grace in salvation, submission, and suffering.
Submission always follows salvation.
Submission results in a beautiful and godly life.
Why should we bother to live a godly life?
Three reasons why we should live a godly life:
- We should live a beautiful life for our own sake (1 Peter 2:11).
- When we live a godly life, we are responding to the love of God.
- Our response to God’s gift of salvation should be submission and obedience.
- As believers, our treasure is not in this world because we are sojourners in this world.
- 100 years from now the approval of this world won’t mean anything.
- We are fighting a war against the desires of the flesh.
- We should live a godly life so that we may be victorious soldiers.
- We should live a beautiful life for the sake of the unsaved (1 Peter 2:12).
- People look at believers to see how they live their lives.
- Winning a lost soul to Christ means much more than the pleasure of our own life.
- We should live a beautiful life for God’s sake (1 Peter 2:13-25).
- It is the will of God that believers live a godly life.
- God calls us to submit to those in authority over us, just as we are subject to His grace.
- God gives us grace to live a life pleasing to Him, even in the face of suffering.
- Jesus suffered for us that we might live for Him and with Him forever.
Why are you living the way you are living?