Scripture Reference: 1 John 3:7-15
VictoryDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | December 18, 1977
Selected highlights from this sermon
The birth of Jesus was part of an ongoing war between God and Satan. Jesus was born to destroy the works of the devil: self-righteousness, pride, hatred, and deceit. And He won. Through His victory, Jesus brought us righteousness, humility, love, and truth.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
We often associate Christmas with peace. But Jesus’ birth was part of an ongoing war between God and Satan.
Jesus was born to destroy the works of the devil—a victory.
How did Jesus destroy the works on the devil?
Four crises in this victory:
- His birth
- Jesus invaded Satan’s world.
- His life and death
- The works of the devil are self-righteousness, pride, hatred, and deceit.
- Jesus exposed these works in the children of the devil.
- Jesus brings us God’s righteousness, humility, love, and truth.
- His resurrection and ascension
- Jesus claims Satan’s wealth.
- Unsaved people are part of Satan’s wealth.
- Jesus changes Satan’s wealth into treasure for the glory of God.
- Saul of Tarsus is an example of how Jesus changes lives for His glory.
- His second coming
- Jesus will end Satan’s warfare.
- He will throw him into a bottomless pit.
Whose side are you on?
Are you a child of the devil or a child of God?