Scripture Reference: 1 John 3:1-10
ForgivenessDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | December 11, 1977
Selected highlights from this sermon
Sin is an inborn, ingrained rebellion against God. It results in death. And every single person on Earth has a sin problem.
But there is an answer to the problem. God sent His Son to provide the only solution for death. Jesus came to Earth to offer forgiveness for sin and give us eternal life.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
Jesus came to Earth to take away our sins.
All of us have a problem with sin.
Sin is an inborn, ingrained rebellion against God. Sin results in death.
At the heart of every problem is the heart.
Three wonderful ministries of Jesus to solve the sin problem:
- The ministry of dying for us
- His death explains His life.
- Jesus is the only human being who was sinless.
- God took all of the sins of mankind and put them on Jesus on the cross.
- Jesus takes away the penalty of our sin.
- Has Jesus taken away your sins?
- The ministry of living in us
- A Christian is one who sins less.
- We are implanted with a new nature.
- We walk as He is.
- We must abide in the fellowship of other believers, in the Word, and in the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus takes away the power of sin.
- The ministry of His return
- His second coming is just as certain as His first coming.
- We will become like Him.
- This is not our home. We are left here to witness for Him.
- Jesus will take away the presence of sin.
The law shows us that we cannot solve the sin problem on our own.
Jesus is the only solution for the sin problem.
The greatest problem in the world has been solved!