The God Who Wins The BattleDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | May 15, 1977
Selected highlights from this sermon
The church is God’s army here on Earth. As His soldiers, we have responsibilities. We need to know our enemy, because Satan knows our weaknesses. And though we have to fight, sometimes minute by minute, we have to trust God for the victory. To prepare for the battle, you must train daily. Are you ready, or will you be court-martialed?
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
God is the Lord of hosts, The Lord of the armies of Earth and heaven.
Every tribe had their own banner or standard.
There is a Christian battle going on with each of us.
The church is God’s army.
Is anyone terrified by the church today? Is Satan terrified by the church?
There is no neutrality with Jesus.
When you got saved you were drafted into the Lord’s army.
In an army there is loyalty.
Responsibilities of being in the army:
- Know the enemy.
- Satan is the ruler of this world.
- Know his strategy.
- Satan knows how to use the world and the flesh to tempt us in our weakest place.
- Satan attacks after we receive a great blessing from God.
- Determine to fight.
- We fight an ongoing battle.
- There is no discharge.
- Trust God for victory.
- God has given us provisions: His Word.
- The Bible is our honey, water, meat, and milk.
- A soldier knows his equipment.
- The church wins her battles through prayer.
We’re soldiers, and one day the captain is going to come back for inspection.
If the average church was run on the same basis of the army, most of us would be court-martialed.