Scripture Reference: Genesis 22
The God Who Sees To ItDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | May 1, 1977
Selected highlights from this sermon
In the Bible, a person’s name is not just an identification but a description of their character. In the story of Abraham and Isaac, God’s name is Jehovah-Jireh—the God who sees.
In this message, Pastor Wiersbe shows us, using the life of Abraham, that a life of faith is a life of testing. Throughout our lives we will be tested so that we can grow in our faith and in our walk with God. We may not understand what God is doing, but we can rest assured because Jehovah-Jireh is the God who sees everything.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
In the Bible, a person’s name is not just identification but a description.
God has many different names.
Seven times Jehovah is linked to another name for God.
Jireh means the Lord will see to it, the Lord will be seen, and the Lord will make it clear.
Three wonderful assurances from the name Jehovah-Jireh:
- The Lord will see to it.
- He will provide.
- The life of faith is the life of testing.
- A faith that can’t be tested can’t be trusted.
- God tested Abraham that his faith might grow.
- The blessing comes at the end of the test.
- God sees to it when we are in the place that He sends us.
- He sees to it just when we need it.
- He provides for our needs naturally.
- The Lord will be seen.
- Abraham saw Jesus in Isaac.
- Isaac was obedient to his father, even to the point of death.
- We go through tests that we might see the Lord Jesus.
- The Lord will make it clear.
- We can’t always see why things happen, but God knows.
- It is the promises that keep us going, not explanations.
God is only Jehovah-Jireh to those who trust and obey.