Does God Still Heal?Dr. Warren W. Wiersbe | May 8, 1977
Selected highlights from this sermon
There are many areas in our lives that can become sick and infected with disease. But God provides a means for us to be healed. One of His names given to us in the Scriptures is Jehovah-Rohpi—the God who heals. When we give Him all of our broken pieces, He’ll bind us up with His promises.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
To heals means to make whole.
Several areas God wants to heal us:
- Our sinful hearts
- God pictures forgiveness as healing.
- In our bodies
- God provides means for us to be healed.
- Our broken heart
- We have to give Him all the pieces.
- Self-pity is one step from self-destruction.
- He binds our broken hearts with His promises.
- We can’t minster to a broken heart unless we’ve had one too.
- Our bitter circumstances of life
- God teaches us not to live by sight but by faith.
- What do you do when life gets bitter?
- Some people take their bitterness out on other people.
- Moses prayed.
- We drink the bitterness for Jesus’ sake.
- We let Him make the bitter waters sweet.
Jehovah-Rophi heals the wounds in our life.