Praise The RedeemerDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | November 13, 1977
Selected highlights from this sermon
Heaven praises Jesus as the Redeemer—only He is worthy.
But why is Jesus the only one worthy to break the seals of the scroll? Pastor Wiersbe walks us through Revelation 5 and shows us how the Lion of the Tribe of Judah is the worthy Lamb.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
The Lion of the tribe of Judah is worthy to open the scroll: “Worthy is the Lamb.”
Is there something in your heart that agrees with the praises of heaven?
Four reasons Jesus is worthy of all praise:
- Because of who He is
- He is the Lion of the tribe of Judah (royalty, dignity, victory).
- He is the root of David (son of man, humility, honor).
- He is the Lamb who was slain (light, tenderness).
- The Lamb is the center of the Bible.
- This Lamb is God—perfect in every way.
- Because of where He is
- He is in the midst of heaven, enthroned.
- Because of what He does
- He died and shed His blood for us.
- In heaven, they are not ashamed to sing about His worth.
- It is a redemption, gospel hymn.
- He died for the individual, family, nation, and world!
- It’s a missionary hymn.
- God has the world on His heart.
- A prophetic hymn: we shall reign with Him on Earth.
- Because of what He has
- He has power and authority.
- He has riches.
- He has wisdom.
- He has strength.
- He has honor.
- He has glory.
- He has blessing.
When the Lamb of God is presented to you does your heart sing amen?
If you’re going to share in the song in heaven, you must start singing it on Earth. You can’t learn it when you get to heaven.