Scripture Reference: Luke 24:36-53, Acts 1:4-8
Witness PowerDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | April 16, 1978
Selected highlights from this sermon
When it comes to sharing our faith, think about this: the early church didn’t have any of the resources we have today. They didn’t have the financial resources we do, they didn’t have the buildings, or the technology to share their faith with the click of a mouse. And yet the early church reached a large part of the world.
Pastor Wiersbe explains that even if we don’t have the money, how we live our lives speaks either for or against Christ. What kind of witness are you?
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
Witnesses tell what they have seen and heard.
Everyone is a witness, either for or against Christ.
What kind of witness are you?
Three essentials for effective witnessing:
- Excitement: Jesus is alive!
- You can learn a lot about a person if you learn what excites them.
- Are you excited Jesus is alive?
- Enlightenment: The word of God is alive!
- We have more than our experiences. We have the word of God.
- The key to the Bible is Jesus.
- Jesus is seen through the whole Bible.
- You can’t witness without the Bible because it is our authority.
- Endowment: We are alive!
- We have the power of the Spirit of God.
- The early church didn’t have any of the resources we have today. They had no money, buildings, or prestige.
- The result of revival is evangelism.
Witnessing is not something we do, it’s who we are.
Everything we do is witnessing.