The Third Reich Captures The Church: Can It Happen Again? Part 3
July 18, 2022
Part 3 of 3
Through propaganda and legislation, our culture can be conditioned to accept lies. In the German Fatherland of World War 2, there was little resistance, even from the believing church. In this message, we learn practical applications for our cultural moment from Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. There is something even more powerful than lies.
Six million Jews dead.
The monstrosity of Adolf Hitler’s Third Reich remains a stunning chapter in the pages of history. Although the power by which he hypnotized an entire nation is legendary, one question in particular begs an answer: where was the church of Christ?
Seduced by the satanic majesty of the Führer, church leaders throughout Germany allowed the swastika a prominent place alongside the Christian cross in their sanctuaries. Nationalistic pride replaced the call of God to purity, and with few exceptions the German church looked away while Adolf Hitler implemented his ‘Final Solution’ to his Jewish problem. How did this happen?
In Hitler’s Cross, Erwin W. Lutzer examines the lessons that may be learned from studying the deception of the church:
- the dangers of confusing church and state
- how the church lost its focus
- the role of God in human tragedy
- the parameters of Satan’s freedom
- the truth behind Hitler’s hatred of the Jews
- the faithfulness of God to His people who suffer for Him
- comparisons between Hitler’s rise and the coming reign of the Antichrist
- America’s hidden cross—her dangerous trends
Hitler’s Cross is the story of a nation whose church forgot its primary call and discovered its failure too late.