A Miracle Every MorningDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | June 22, 1975
Selected highlights from this sermon
God provides for our every need. Like the Israelites in the desert, God sent us manna in the form of Christ to satisfy our hunger. But this Bread of Life satisfies more than an earthly desire—it fills our spiritual need. Nothing else can satisfy our spiritual hunger.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
All of the blessings we have in nature are a reminder of God’s goodness and God’s Son
Our earthly needs are air, water, and bread. Jesus provides for all of these needs.
How is the salvation of Jesus greater than the manna in the Old Testament?
- When God gave the manna, He gave a gift; when He gives salvation, He gives the Giver
- Jesus was humble (small), eternal (round), pure (white), and good (sweet)
- The manna sustained life; Jesus gives life.
- When you’re spiritually dead, you don’t respond to spiritual things
- No amount of religion can give you life
- Have you received this life?
- When God gave the manna, He gave it only to Israel; when God gave Jesus Christ, He gave Him to the whole world.
- God forgives all sins
- The whole world is needy
- Spiritually speaking, this world is not a garden but an awful wilderness
- The manna cost God nothing, but salvation cost Him everything.
- It cost Him everything to feed our soul
- Salvation cost God His Son
- All we have to do is believe
- Nothing else can satisfy our spiritual hunger
- We must stoop and let go of our pride
Christ is the Bread of Life
Rejoice in your wonderful salvation.