The Prince Of PeaceDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | December 21, 1975
Selected highlights from this sermon
As the Prince of Peace, Jesus takes care of the distresses of life. His peace dwells in the hearts of believers despite wars, burdens, doubts or other cares of life. Because of Jesus, we can live a real life, face real troubles, and yet still have peace.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
If we give the government of our lives to Christ, He will meet needs that can be met no other way.
Jesus being the Prince of Peace takes care of the distresses of life.
We cannot isolate or insulate ourselves from the cold facts of life.
Jesus knew what it felt like to face the hardships of life.
Because of Jesus we can live a real life and face real troubles and still have peace.
Peace is not the absence of war, burdens, perplexity, or doubt. The peace of God dwells in our hearts despite these things.
Four aspects we must remember when we think of Jesus as the Prince of Peace:
- Jesus’ character
- Jesus had perfect peace no matter what situation He was in.
- Jesus can work under any condition.
- Jesus was a man of peace because He drew upon the resources of God
- The same resources that are available to Jesus are available to us.
- “Peace is the possession of adequate resources” (George H. Morrison).
- Peace comes from righteousness.
- As long as we are walking in the will of God and drawing on the power of God and God’s righteousness is in our lives, we will always have peace.
- Jesus’ cross
- Jesus reconciles us to peace by the cross.
- At the cross, Jesus upheld the righteousness and holiness of God and made forgiveness and mercypossible for us.
- Jesus’ companionship
- Jesus knows us better than anyone else.
- We are never truly alone with Christ.
- Jesus’ coming
- In the end times, the Antichrist will bring about a false peace.
- The only place where there is eternal peace is heaven.
- We don’t have to wait for Jesus’ eternal kingdom to be established to have peace in our hearts through the Holy Spirit.
Jesus’ peace is enough for every circumstance in life.