Where There's LifeDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | August 8, 1976
Selected highlights from this sermon
In this message, Pastor Wiersbe explains how every unsaved person is spiritually dead. By looking at three people who Jesus raised from the dead, we learn that Jesus provides the way for eternal life.
How do you know you’ve passed from being spiritually dead to being spiritually alive? You’ll speak of eternal live, have an appetite for the Word of God, and walk according to God’s will.
No matter how old you are, you need life in Jesus Christ.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
Jesus raises the dead through the power of His word.
Whenever Jesus performed a miracle, He had at least three purposes in mind.
- Jesus performed miracles to relieve human suffering.
- Jesus performed miracles to demonstrate His deity.
- Jesus performed miracles to illustrate spiritual truth.
Each miracle Jesus performed is sermon in action.
Three lessons from the three resurrections Jesus performs:
- As sinners, all of us are dead.
- Sinners are not just sick, they are dead.
- Every unsaved person is spiritually
- Adam sinned with his eyes wide open, knowing exactly what he was doing.
- The act of disobedience made humans die, not the fruit.
- Sinning against God broke humans off from their contact with life.
- All three of the people that Jesus raised from the dead were equally dead. The only difference was there state of decay.
- Life comes only through Christ.
- None of the dead people or their loved ones could raise them from the dead.
- Jesus is the only one who can give eternal
- The resurrection power of Jesus is communicated through the Holy Spirit using the Bible.
- When eternal life comes, you know it.
- The evidences of being raised from the dead are seen in your speech, appetite, and walk.
- In Luke 7, the dead man sat up and began to speak.
- Whatever is in your heart comes out of your mouth.
- Someone who has been raised from the dead will speak of eternal life.
- In Luke 8, Jesus told the little girl’s parents to give her something to eat.
- Someone who has been raised from the dead will have an appetite for the Word of God.
- In John 11, Jesus told the people to unbind Lazarus so he could be set free and walk.
- Put on clothes of grace and be set free from the grave.
Are you alive or dead today?
No matter how old you are you need life in Jesus Christ.
The longer you wait to accept Jesus, the deafer you become.