When Jacob Met The Apostle PaulDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | June 17, 1979
Selected highlights from this sermon
The story of Jacob, Joseph, and Joseph’s brothers in Egypt teaches us important spiritual truths. We are prone to forget what God has done in our lives and think that everything is against us. In reality, God does work everything together for good, making us more like Jesus, and forgiving our sins all because of His great love for us.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
Jacob and Joseph learned three spiritual truths that will stop our worrying and complaining.
- Jacob learned the lesson of God’s providence.
- Jacob had economic problems, family problems, and a faith problem.
- Jacob forgot everything God had done for him.
- We are prone to forget what God has done for us and think that everything is against us.
- The Bible says that God is working all things together for good, whether we see or feel it.
- God was working for Jacob’s good and His own glory.
- God works consistently and coherently.
- Joseph learned the lesson of God’s purpose.
- God wants us to be conformed to the image of Jesus.
- God allowed to Joseph’s suffering to make Joseph more like himself.
- Joseph is a picture of Jesus.
- If we have faith and patience, we will become more like Jesus.
- Joseph’s brothers learned the lesson of God’s pardon.
- Joseph’s brothers lied about what happened to Joseph.
- Our past will catch up to us until it is dealt with.
- Joseph forgave his brothers just as God forgives us when we don’t deserve it.
- God forgives because of His great love for us.
Nothing can separate us from God’s love.