What Time Is It?Dr. Warren W. Wiersbe | January 4, 1976
Selected highlights from this sermon
The Lord Jesus could return at any minute. The fact that Jesus is returning should encourage us to keep going, but it should also remind us that we have a responsibility here on Earth to wake up, clean up, dress up, and grow up. Pastor Wiersbe explains exactly we need to do in order to be ready for Christ’s return.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
The completion of our salvation—the return of our Lord Jesus—is closer than it was when we believed.
The fact that Jesus is coming again is an encouragement to keep going, that the best is yet to come.
Every truly born-again person should be ready for heaven.
Four responsibilities believers have because Jesus is coming again:
- It’s time to wake up (Romans 13:11).
- Paul is talking about spiritual lethargy.
- We are called to be alert, awake, and sober.
- We miss out on spiritual blessings when we are sleeping rather than praying.
- It is hard to fall asleep when you are actively walking in the light.
- God called the church to go out, fight, and serve.
- Its time to clean up (Romans 13:12).
- Put aside the works of sin and darkness.
- Believers are clothed in the righteousness of Christ.
- Live like you are saved.
- Put on love, peace, and kindness.
- It’s time to dress up (Romans 13:12-14).
- Put on the armor of God and be ready to fight the battle.
- Practice protecting yourself with prayer from the moment you wake up.
- If we take time to dress the outer man, how much more important is it to dress the inner man?
- It’s time to grow up (Romans 13:14).
- To put on Jesus means to receive Him in faith and grow in Him.
- We must feed our spiritual life and starve the flesh.
Jesus is coming. Are you ready?
Our time is short, and the Lord’s coming is near.