This Way To Real FreedomDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | July 2, 1978
Selected highlights from this sermon
John 8 talks about the spiritual freedom believers have in Christ. There is no true freedom without Jesus, and at the center of freedom is truth. What we believe about truth is the foundation for everything else in our lives, including how we act and where we will spend eternity.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
The only true freedom is found in God.
John 8 is talking about spiritual freedom.
There are many people who don’t know what true freedom is.
Three affirmations of our freedom in Christ:
- There is truth.
- If there are absolutes in creation, there are also absolutes in spirituality.
- God has given us the truth in three editions: His Word, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.
- The truth can be known.
- To know means to have an intimate relationship with.
- To know the truth means total commitment: mind, heart, and will.
- Whatever you yield to is what controls you.
- We can study truth in the Bible.
- We can love truth through Jesus.
- We can do the truth through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- The truth is not just something we know, it’s something we live.
- When the truth is known, it sets you free.
- God’s truth contradicts the devil’s lies.
- We must take inventory of what we believe to make sure we are believing the truth.
- Truth brings freedom from sin.
How do you respond to truth?
The way your respond to truth determines your eternal destiny.
There is no true liberty without Jesus.