Scripture Reference: Matthew 15:21-28
Meet A Great MotherDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | May 14, 1978
Selected highlights from this sermon
In Matthew 15, we see a mother who came to see Jesus and was praised by Him for her great faith. This mother teaches us that faith is the basis for everything in the Christian life. Without it, we have nothing but worries. But, if we seek to grow in our faith and keep our eyes on Jesus, we can have great faith.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
What do you want to be remembered for in life?
God can give us rewards that will last forever.
A mother that came to see Jesus received praise for her great faith.
If we had as much faith as that mother, it would solve a lot of our problems.
Three lessons about faith from a great mother.
- Faith in Jesus Christ is indispensable.
- Apart from faith in Jesus there is no salvation.
- Faith is the basis for everything in the Christian life.
- Without faith it is impossible to please God.
- Do you have this kind of saving faith?
- Faith in Jesus Christ must grow.
- Living faith can be cultivated so that it grows.
- There are three levels of faith: no faith, little faith, and great faith.
- Faith comes by hearing the Word of God.
- People with little faith are worried about small, everyday things.
- Faith in Jesus Christ can become great.
- Before faith can become great, faith must overcome obstacles.
- Decisions are opportunities for more faith.
- We must keep our eyes on Jesus for our faith to become great.
- God is concerned about building character through faith.