How Much Is Your Bible Worth?Dr. Warren W. Wiersbe | January 4, 1976
Selected highlights from this sermon
Our values in life determine what we do. As believers, our greatest priority must be the Word of God because when we love the Word of God, we are loving Jesus—the living Word. When we make the Bible the most important thing in our lives, God gives great blessings.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
Life is made up of values. You do what is important to you.
Our values determine our lives.
As we grow in Christ, our values should mature.
As believers, the greatest priority in our lives must be the Word of God.
Psalm 119 is the longest chapter in the Bible and talks all about the Word of God.
Psalm 119 calls the Bible God’s law, testimony, ways, precepts, statues, commandments, judgments, and word.
Two questions that help us think through the importance of God’s Word in our lives:
- How much is your Bible worth?
- When we love the Word of God, we love the Son of God because He is the living Word.
- The author of this psalm loved Scripture more than food, sleep, riches, and friends.
- If we had to choose between the Bible and food, what would we choose?
- Our inner man needs to be fed just like the outer man.
- Are we choosing something over the Word of God?
- Sometimes we need to learn to say no to the comforts of the body and yes to feeding the soul.
- We must dig for the treasures of God’s Word.
- If it is worth something to you, what does it do for you?
- God gives blessings to those who make the Bible important in their lives.
- We can have victory over sin through the Word of God.
- We can have life when we are revived by the Word of God.
- We can have strength through the Word of God.
- We can have wisdom through the Word of God.
- We can have guidance through the Word of God.
- We can have freedom through the Word of God.
- We can have friendship through the Word of God.
- We can have comfort through the Word of God.
- We can have answers to prayer through the Word of God.
Give your best time to the Lord through His Word.