Discovering Resurrection RealityDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | April 18, 1976
Selected highlights from this sermon
In John 20, three people discover the resurrection of Jesus, forever changing their lives. For us, the resurrection means that we, too, can encounter the living Christ. Because Jesus is alive, He can fulfill our love, restore our hope, and strengthen our faith. Most of all, Jesus is the only one who can give us eternal life.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
Believing in Jesus Christ brings life.
In this passage, three people discover that Jesus is alive, and it changes their lives.
- Mary Magdalene
- Mary was changed from sorrow to joy.
- Mary’s discovery of the risen Christ was the fulfilling of her love for Jesus.
- Mary was very involved with Jesus’ ministry on Earth.
- Mary took part of the evidence and jumped to a conclusion about Jesus’ death.
- In spite of her wrong thinking, Mary’s heart was right.
- Mary met Jesus because she waited at the tomb.
- When you have hope, fear vanishes.
- When Jesus appeared to the believers, He restored their hope.
- A living hope grows and produces fruit.
- Jesus strengthened Thomas’ faith.
The evidence was not enough. They had to meet Jesus.
We can meet Jesus through the Bible.
Evidence is a stepping stone to experiencing the living Christ.