An Old Man's Christmas SongDr. Warren W. Wiersbe | December 23, 1973
Selected highlights from this sermon
Simeon waited his whole life for the coming of the Messiah. When he saw Jesus, Simeon uttered words of praise and blessing because he saw his salvation. In this message, Pastor Wiersbe focuses on what Simeon had to say about Jesus.
Transcripts for Dr. Wiersbe's sermons are forthcoming. Below is an outline of his message.
The Bible reminds us to give honor to those who have grown old in the Lord.
Simeon utters words of praise and blessing over Jesus.
Three areas in Simeon’s life:
- There was a burden on Simeon’s heart.
- Simeon waited in the temple for the coming of the Messiah.
- No matter how dark the day may be, God always keeps His promises.
- There was a blessing on Simeon’s lips.
- Simeon blessed God because He had seen God’s salvation.
- If you have the right master, you have the right kind of freedom.
- Are you blessing God for your salvation?
- Simeon blessed God because God’s salvation is available to everyone.
- There was a baby in Simeon’s arms.
- Jesus is our salvation, comfort, light, and glory.
- The baby Jesus was the answer to all of Simeon’s desires.
- Jesus is all that we need.